Junior Consultant, Regional Project Coordinator – Smallholder Agribusiness Partnerships Programme (SAPP) – Ministry of Agriculture
Closing Date: 2021-09-13
I. Junior Consultant — Youth Entrepreneurship Development — Full time (01 position) Project Monitoring Unit – Colombo
Qualifications and experience:
• Master or higher degree in Youth Entrepreneurship Development, Enterprise Development, Agriculture Business Development or related fields.
• 1 or 2 years of experience in Business Plan Development, youth skills development, enterprise development, project management etc.
• Understanding of the entrepreneurship eco-system. key players, challenges & opportunities.
• Knowledge in designing, delivering and facilitating tools and trainings on enterprise development and making strategies.
• Experience in agricultural and rural development projects is an added advantage.
Skills and Competency
• Highly motivated and committed to poverty alleviation and youth empowerment
• Working knowledge of spoken and written English
• Ability to work in other local languages would be considered advantageous.
• High degree of independence, flexibility and ability to meet strict deadlines
Payment: Please refer the TOR
II. Regional Project Coordinators (01 position) — Full Time Basis (Anuradapura Regional Coordinating Office)
Qualifications and experience
I. Special Degree or higher qualification in Agriculture, Agri-Economics, Agri-business or other relevant field;
II. At least 5 years’ experience, preferably relating to programmes with focus in agricultural production, marketing or business development including community development;
III. Demonstrated recent experience in planning and implementing of rural development programme aiming at reducing rural poverty with particular focus on increasing the competitiveness and inclusiveness of agri-value chains;
IV. Demonstrated Experience in ability to liaise with a wide range and levels of organizations, Government, Donors, private sector, NGOs, and community institutions
V. Demonstrated creativity, willingness to innovate, think systemically and design catalytic approaches to programme activities;
VI. High degree of independence, flexibility and ability to meet strict deadlines.
VII. Strong communications skills (oral. written, presentation) in English and local languages.
VIII. Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
Preference will be given to those having;
a) Proven field experience in agribusiness value chain development related activities and Strategic Planning and Business Development and community mobilization related capacity building.
b) Working experience in a donor funded project in a similar capacity is desirable.
c) Sound background in agriculture or agri-business related development work of donor-funded programs and/or government sector.
Payment: Please refer the TOR Those who are interested can download the TOR through our website www.sapp.lk (please refer “DOWNLOAD” heading and “PROCUREMENT” sub heading to download the TOR document).
To Apply :
Please forward your Proposal (complete resume with relevant details as per the TOR) at or before 2.30 p.m on 13th September 2021 by post/by hand to reach the following address
You can email your CV to email@example.com with the post you apply in the Subject Heading of the email.
Please indicate the Position apply on the top left hand corner of the envelope or in the subject heading of the email.
Consultants Procurement Committee (Projects)
Smallholder Agribusiness Partnerships Programme,
No. 212/A, Nawala Road, Rajagiriya.
Website – www.sapp.lk